Breathe wholly and live a wholesome life
We usually take breathing for granted. It is something that happens in the natural way and thus does not need a second thought. But this is only till the time the breathing is regular. Once you start facing breathing issues, every breath counts, literally.
It has been seen that most people rush to the doctors for a dose of antibiotics to get a quick relief. While this can surely give you some relief, this is definitely not a long term solution. What you need is to go the natural way to heal your body against any such issues.
Did we just pique your curiosity? Well, read on to find out more.
What is a Breathing Issue?
Breathing issue or difficulty in breathing describes the condition when you find it hard to draw a complete breath. This is also known as shortness to breath which leads to quicker breaths and discomfort. When you face this problem, you might feel as if you are not able to get enough air. Remember that the breathlessness caused by exercising is not the same as this.
Causes of Breathing Issues
So, what exactly causes breathing issues? There could be a number of reasons that can lead to shortness of breath in people. Let us take a look at some of the common causes.
- Asthma: A chronic lung disease, this causes inflammation of the airways, thus causing them to constrict making it hard to breath.
- Sinusitis: This causes the inflammation of the sinuses and prevents the mucus in the nose from draining out. This can cause breathing trouble.
- Allergies: Certain allergies associated with dust, pollens, pet dander or hair, mold etc can also cause breathing issues.
The breathing problem caused by these diseases can be easily regulated and controlled by following the natural healing techniques.
However, there are some other serious diseases that can cause breathing issues. In these cases, medical intervention is required as these can be life threatening. These include
- Cardiovascular diseases
Sorting out Breathing Troubles Naturally
Shortness of breath can be quite uncomfortable which is why it is sensible to seek doctor’s advice. However, the medication prescribed by the doctor would only bring some short term relief. In order to control the issue and prevent it from recurring, you need to seek the solution the natural way.
Start off with some exercises that will make your lungs strong and thus, less prone to breathing problems.
- Deep Breathing
- Lie on your back with your hands placed on your abdomen
- Relax all your muscles
- Breath in deeply from your nose such that your lungs fill up with air and your abdomen expands
- Hold your breath for a few seconds and then breath out from your mouth
- Repeat this 5 to 10 times every day
- Breathing through Pursed Lips
- Sit in a comfortable position with your shoulder and neck muscles relaxed
- Purse your lips such that only a small opening is there in the center
- Inhale deeply through your nostrils
- Now exhale through your pursed lips
- Do this for about 10 minutes
Yoga and meditation are considered to have a positive effect on breathing problems since they increase the flow of blood and oxygen in your body. Pranayama like Bhastrika and Anulom-Vilom when practiced on a regular basis are said to strengthen your lungs.
Obesity can also cause breathing issues in people. However, this can be easily dealt with by going for walks every day. What’s more, this will improve your stamina while also helping you knock off the extra kilos.
Now, when it comes to a quick cure for breathing issues, some natural home remedies can be of great use.
- In case, the reason for breathing problem is a respiratory issue then a humidifier or steam inhalation can help in decongesting the airways and bringing in some relief
- If the airways are congested with mucus, having ginger can help. A natural expectorant, it helps in the flushing out of the mucus and thereby freeing the airways. Having ginger tea is the best way to ingest the goodness of ginger into your system
- Fennel seeds are also beneficial during breathing problems as these also act as expectorant. Add a teaspoon of fennel seeds to hot water and steep it for 10 minutes. Strain the mixture, add some raw honey to it and drink it 3 to 4 times a day.
If your breathing problem is being caused by your smoking habit, giving up smoking is the first thing that you need to do.
Breathing issues seem like potholes and speed breakers in the smooth ride of your life. Don’t let these keep you from leading a happy and fit life. Go the natural way to regulate and control these. However, when things get serious, make sure to seek medical intervention.
Keep calm and breathe deeply!