Diabetes Mellitus, or more commonly known as ‘diabetes’, refers to a group of metabolic diseases. This condition is characterized by persistently elevated blood sugar levels either over a long period of time or in a recurrent pattern. Depending of the efficiency of the process of production of insulin and its efficiency level in managing glucose levels in our body, diabetes is sub-categorized widely into three types:
- Type 1 Diabetes, where the body stops producing insulin
- Type 2 Diabetes, where the body stops producing sufficient insulin
- Gestational Diabetes, which affects females during pregnancy
Typical symptoms of diabetes are
- Frequent urination
- Frequent thirst
- Increase in appetite and hunger
- Weight loss
- Lack of focus
- Tingling or numbing sensation
- Reduced healing capacity for wounds and infections
When the body is diebetic, it is first and foremost important to address the cause of diabetes from the roots. The thrust of the patient and doctors is so much on dealing with the symptoms and making it invisible, without getting rid of it.
Treatment for diabetes generally comprises of maintaining one’s insulin levels to manage the glucose levels in the blood stream. Naturopathy works towards restoring the body to its healthy state by providing supplements from within the body to heal itself. Some simple treatments under Naturotherapy include:
- Diet Therapy goes a long way in treating a diabetic condition as food consumed, is the first basic raw material that determines the procedures and responses of the body to follow.
- Mud Therapy help to remove toxins from the skin surface and within. It helps increasing the circulation and eliminating morbid matter.
- Hydrotherapy improves blood circulation and makes up for fluid loss. It also helps in improving the metabolic rate and controlling blood sugar level.
- Massage Therapy helps to relax the body and the mind from the stress of dealing with diabetes while contributing towards the body’s efforts to get rid of toxins.
- Light Exercises, like walking, help cells to accept insulin more efficiently and increases use of blood glucose as it is burned during physical activity.
- Yoga helps in curing the diabetic condition.
Diabetes is a long-term ailment. The solution to this disease is to cure it from its cause, not merely make it bearable. Further, once it is cured it needs to be sustained as it can resurface.
Naturotherapy seeks to work with the body’s ailment and hold hands with its individual responses, thereby yielding quicker results with no trailing side effects.