Cholesterol is a waxy fat substance found in the blood, is produced by the liver and is insoluble in water. Particles, called ‘lipoproteins’, help to transport cholesterol in our body via the bloodstream. When the lipoproteins are present in lower density, then the movement of cholesterol slackens and it begins to accumulate. High cholesterol levels indicate higher than normal levels of these fatty deposits in the blood and blood vessel walls. This leads to reduced levels of oxygen in the blood and also causes hardening and narrowing of the blood vessels. Either or a combination of both of these effects can lead to heart diseases, or even a brain stroke.
Early symptoms of high cholesterol may go unnoticed as they are few. An established case of high cholesterol or other blood circulation disorders include:
- Chest pain
- Heart attack
- Pain while walking
Causes of high cholesterol are:
- Alcohol consumption
Prevalent methods of treating high cholesterol do not work towards curbing the root cause of the disorder, and are rather only focusing on curbing symptoms and preventing further build up of cholesterol. Several other accompanying disorders that arise such as digestive weaknesses, hypertension, trachechadea episodes, sleep apnea, etc. are left unaddressed.
Naturotherapy views the body as an interlinked system of various bodily processes. A disruption in any one component directly or indirectly affects the body. It suggests a number of therapies for this condition:
- Diet therapy is the first step towards preventing clogged arteries. It aims at providing the body with nutritious foods that are easy to digest and promotes recovery of all organs of the digestive system as well.
- Hydrotherapy helps to flush out toxins from the body by promoting the intake of water and physical exercise such as swimming or underwater exercises.
- Massage Therapy helps to improve blood circulation and also provides relief from physical fatigue and mental stress.
- Yoga proves beneficial in this condition when performed regularly.
- Light Excercises are advised to keep up healthy blood circulation and enhance the capacity of the circulatory system in coping with clogged arteries.
Since high cholesterol and related heart diseases are a life-long condition, a long term remedy with least or no residual side-effects is desirable. Naturotherapy can not only provide relief from symptoms and discomfort, but can eventually cure high cholesterol by facilitating the body to heal from within without the risk and harassment of depending on lifelong medication.