Nature abounds in Nutrition. So, why pop the pill?
City folks hardly have enough time to sit down and have a decent meal. So, to gain the required nutrition, they resort to popping vitamin and mineral supplement.
No matter how many vitamin pills you pop in a day, these can never make up for the nutrients that you can gain by tapping the fruits (and vegetables) offered by nature.
So, instead of finding the essential vitamins artificially, look for the natural vitamins and include these in your daily diet. Trust us; this is what will make you healthier and fitter.
Wondering where to look for these vitamins? Here’s a little help.
- Vitamin A: This is a fat-soluble vitamin and is essential to keep your teeth, skin, soft tissues and bones healthy. It also promotes the health of your eyes and boosts your immune system. All orange-colored fruits and vegetables, as well as green leafy vegetables, are rich in Vitamin A. So, including carrots, pumpkin, sweet potato, apricots, mango, papaya, and peach will give you the required dosage of the vitamin. Also, animal products like milk, cheese, eggs, butter, etc. are also rich sources of Vitamin A.
- Vitamin B: This vitamin which can be further classified as Vitamin B6, B9 and B12 are essential for the proper functioning of the nervous system, formation of red blood cells and the synthesis of DNA. The vitamin also plays a vital role in supporting the metabolism of the body and enhancing the brain functioning. Meat, fish, poultry, eggs, milk, and seafood are rich in Vitamin B6 and B12. On the other hand, green leafy vegetables and poultry abound in Vitamin B9.
- Vitamin C: Also known as ascorbic acid, Vitamin C improves your body’s ability to absorb iron while also enhancing the immune system and the health of your teeth and gums. Being an antioxidant, it also maintains cell health. Including citrus fruits like orange, lemon, kiwi, etc. along with papaya, strawberries, bell peppers, broccoli and green leafy vegetables in your diet will ensure that you gain the recommended daily dose of Vitamin C.
- Vitamin D: This is a unique vitamin which your body can synthesize when exposed to sunlight. It improves the health of the skeletal system as well as your body’s ability to absorb calcium. What’s more, it boosts your immunity. Your body can also absorb Vitamin D from seafood, eggs, milk, and mushrooms.
- Vitamin E: This is the vitamin that keeps your cells young and healthy. This miracle vitamin can work wonders for your skin. It also improves your body’s ability to absorb Vitamin K. Bell peppers, spinach, almonds, turnip greens, asparagus and sunflower seeds are all rich sources of Vitamin E.
- Vitamin K: Vitamin K is extremely critical in your body as it is instrumental in the blood clotting process. It also enhances bone strength. You can get a steady dose of Vitamin K by including broccoli, asparagus, brussels sprouts, spinach, mustard leaves, turnip leaves, lettuce and parsley in your daily diet.
Stock Up on Your Vitamins in the Natural Way
Yes, with your busy schedule and hectic lifestyle, popping the vitamin supplements may seem more convenient than looking for and incorporating vitamin-rich food into your diet. But, doctors believe that these artificial supplements can never make up for the real vitamins. So, no matter how tempted you are to find the easy way out, opt for the natural way to gain all the essential vitamins.
Say Yes to Eating a Balanced and Healthy Diet
You may be putting in a lot of thought to include all the food items that provide you with the essential vitamins. However, this will all go to waste if you are not balancing these with other essential nutrients. So, make sure that you chart out a well-balanced diet that comprises of vitamin, minerals, carbohydrates, proteins, etc.
Remember that variety is the spice of life and this holds true when it comes to staying healthy and fit too. Include different fruits and vegetables in your daily diet to reap the maximum benefits that nature has to offer.
Say no to supplements and let the natural vitamins do the trick.